What's the current state of the build?

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

What's the current state of the build?

Postby misho » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi,

I'm observing rather poor performance and a bit of an instability on the latest NGD (as of yesterday). Looking at the demoSandBox StandardJoints demo, there are 9 joint examples that are marked "still with problems", and when the default "AddFlexyPipe" demo is running, there is a lot of hiccups and drastic slowdowns in FPS, resulting in twitchy performance. I switched to "AddHingeMotor" demo (a feature which I am working on), and the same thing happens - stutters and drastic slowdowns. I even tried other demos, the simplest ones - same thing. I reverted to my previous version (early February) and the performance went back to flawless.

Is there something being worked on? Or perhaps left unfinished? I'd just like to know, since I am having problems with motorized hinges (as per my previous post), and if it is being worked on, I can switch to something else for the time being...

Thanks!
Misho Katulic
CTO, FSX SpacePort
TerraBuilder
www.terrabuilder.com
misho

Re: What's the current state of the build?

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed May 06, 2020 6:13 pm

no that I was aware off.
Julio Jerez

Re: What's the current state of the build?

Postby misho » Wed May 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Thanks Julio!

Any thoughts on my other post re: pHinge->EnableMotor()? I just checked again - it works perfectly in debug_double, but falls apart in release_double.

Any thoughts on how to make this work would be really appreciated...
Misho Katulic
CTO, FSX SpacePort
TerraBuilder
www.terrabuilder.com
misho

Return to Bugs and Fixes