What does this error mean?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: What does this error mean?

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:47 pm

I still get this: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm

no still behave the same way, I do no knwo what else to do.

can you put the source with the VS project? because I can not attack the debugget to two dlls,
bascially the pointe to the data structue are right in oen DLL and worng by few bytes after any function is called.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Is the fault laying by me or by newton? Do you must buil the project? Or just sourcecode. Any solution for the problem I/you can try without debugging?
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I do not know, but I think it is on the newton side.
I think I have seem that but before, usin DLL linkeage make it more probable.
I will modify teh sandbo demo to link to teh joinbt dll, and newton dll to see if I can reproduce it.
hold until I made tah test first.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

OK. One please: Can you try to make it before 26th of November? I will be very glad if we/you/I can solve that before this date :) But don't hurry I think you have other problems to solve.
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Ok I hack the sand box demo so that I link the compiled DLLs, and the same bug happens.

Now I need to debug this, Thsi si a very big bug that need to be fix it, I hoep top have fix sometime today or tomorow.

I do not think it i s related to the algorithm, it has to do with the calling comvetion, some how is is no right when runniong for the command line, I still do no know why.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm

I can not figure out what teh problem is with the joint library in DLL mode.
all the offsets are wrong.
I think that for the DLL to work, I will have to make all libraries DLL. an I do no wan to do that
I do not knwo what to do oteh than forget about dll fo rteh joint library, and he it static link only.

This crash in un debuggeble because the stack is all trashed every where, so VS never have a reliable trace to figure out what was wrong.
the debug joint libary have no problem, yo ucna use that for the time being.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Tell me this, is ther are reason wh you use the joint library are a dll?
you are already usin dMath as statci library why no use teh Jpoint library as static library as well.

what I can do is thet I cna make tow project versions, oenb the libt to Newton Statically and oen the link to newton.dll
and get rid of teh joint DLL project
in fact the Joint library is teh opnly DLL in teh newton tools and I have to do lot of veding backwwrd just for that.

I will try that experiment rather than try top make the DLL work, and se how that goes.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 am

I don't use joint library as static library because you had said its to difficult ;) if you can make it, that everything is in static lib I can use that as well. I have tried this method but I get to much linker errors.
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 am

I think that was a mistake of mine.
in in my opinion dll dll are easeir to debug and because you do no have to worrie abpou teh different runtime libraries, howeven ther have more overjead and in this case harder to debug when you have prlblem in one dll, that is casue by another dll.
another reason for dll, is that languages like Pascal, and objective C can only link to DLLs, so after we figure this bug I will have to make joint dll as well, but this time I will make it a separate project instead of a one project fix all.

anyway I checked in all the project now with static link for all fo the tools.
let us try this again, please try changing your project settings, and link to the static joint library.

there is not reason to think this will solve the bug, but it will allow for visual stutio to keep track of the stack in we attack the debugger.
meant time I will try to jack the sandbox demo to link to the newton DLL and see if I can reproduce the bug on my side.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 am

Newton as DLL and JointLibary as static libary?
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 am

yes
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I get these errors:
Code: Select all
unresolved external symbol ""__declspec(dllimport) public: class CustomPlayerControllerManager & __thiscall CustomPlayerControllerManager::operator=(class CustomPlayerControllerManager const &)" (__imp_??4CustomPlayerControllerManager@@QAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z)".

unresolved external symbol  ""__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall CustomPlayerControllerManager::CustomPlayerControllerManager(class CustomPlayerControllerManager const &)" (__imp_??0CustomPlayerControllerManager@@QAE@ABV0@@Z)".

and 137 warnings. One if it:
warning LNK4217:locally defined symbol "??1CustomPlayerControllerManager@@UAE@XZ (public: virtual __thiscall CustomPlayerControllerManager::~CustomPlayerControllerManager(void))" imported in function  __unwindfunclet$??0BasicPlayerControllerManager@@QAE@PAUNewtonWorld@@@Z$0.

Newton: debugDLL
JointLibary, dMath, dContainers: debug
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

you need to delete the old libraries that were in you forlder and buil the new ..\packages\projects\visualStudio_2010\build.sln
It will generate the joint lib is now a static library
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 pm

In debug or debugDLL?
FSA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion