What does this error mean?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: What does this error mean?

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I do not know I just comine the debugDLL and teh netwon DebugDLL, and link fine and run fine, both debug and release.
try that out with the sand box demo, see if it works for you, and if it does there most be a setting that you are missing.

wha you change project teh project configuration, you have to copy the DLL teh newtonDLL to the runtime forder of the exe.

I can add a configueation that like to the Newton DLL and to teh jointDLL, maybe that help you to figure it out.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

>I can add a configueation that like to the Newton DLL and to teh jointDLL, maybe that help you to figure it out.
But then we are at the same point as before. Because then you can't debug :)

Yes I always copy the files. But before I can build the exe I must build my engine(DLL) with the newton files. And this doesn't work.
I have ever a problem with the linker when i use something of newton as static libary. Must I Import the project to my project?

In my project I linked these:
<AdditionalDependencies>ForceField-NetworkD.lib;d3d9.lib;d3dx9d.lib;dinput8.lib;dxguid.lib;dsound.lib;dxerr.lib;dContainers_d.lib;newton_d.lib;dMath_d.lib;dJointLibrary_d.lib;libvorbisfile_static_d.lib;libvorbis_static_d.lib;libogg_static_d.lib;libtheoraplayer_d.lib;angelscriptd.lib;strmbasd.lib;winmm.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)</AdditionalDependencies>

My project looks like this:
Attachments
Project.PNG
Project.PNG (17.08 KiB) Viewed 30477 times
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 pm

no JointLibraryDLL is a static library that link in to the Newto.dll, it is not a dll.

Ok, I will add the two configuration to the sand demos. debugDll and releaseDLL
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 pm

But what must I do then?
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm

letter123 wrote:But what must I do then?

see how I set the project in VS2010, if it work for me it shoudl also work for you, I checked in this project
..\applications\demosSandbox\projects\visualStudio_2010\demosSandbox_VSExpress.sln

open it op and build the sandbod demosDLL configuration, you will see that it buidl everything, and
then see who that project is set and se what is diffrent with yours.
Julio Jerez

Postby Neo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 am

So..the joint library is not a dll now?
What should I do then? The change leads to a bunch of link errors in my game projects...
Plus the sand box can not run properly now: It shows two big letter 'I' and 'K' in the application window, with no menu and objects...
Neo

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 am

link it as a static library, jus like you link any othe library.
I am baffled at how people get so problem just adding a library to a project
this is just a few steps in Visual studio 2010.

1-Add existing project
2-go to common properties and add new the new project as a reference to you project
3-In project configuration find the right configuration
4-build add the project path
5-build the project

what do you mean the sandbox does no run, I test teh playr and I see it running.
I do not know what to do, It looks I doing all wrong yet it is wroking here but not one else seems to understand it.
the engine shodul worj out of teh box with zero modification

I have test thsi in sevral competer, and I had not found a single perosn who get it to run. I am confused.
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 am

Now it have linked. And worked! (made anopther svn checkout) :D I will try relase now :)
But when a body hits the floor I get this error:
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (32.44 KiB) Viewed 30446 times
FSA

Postby FSA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 am

AAAAaaNNNNDD it worked!! Yes! :D Release is working but Debug has the error in the post before ;) Tank you Julio!
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am

oh very good, what was the error, that prevent the library from linking? maybe other people are making the same mistake.

regard the debug error
I added that check over the weekend because I was not sure if I needed to get the Continue collslion flags form the bodies in the joint or form the bodies in the graph.
in some cases when mutiples static bodies are found in the graph spawning tree, they are replaced by the a sentinel proxy body, this avoid the generation of extra lines in the system matrix that will be linear combination of anothe line.

now that you got it working can you send me a test that reproduces that error.
this is important for the continue collision.
Julio Jerez

Postby Neo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

I called the dll interface function such as CustomCreateHinge in my project, and I noticed that after svn check, the djoinlibrary.h had been removed.
Thus those functions were gone, result in a lot of complile errors(not link errors), Where are those functions?
(As for link problems, I use vs2008, not 2010, well I'll try it later)
Neo

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am

are you usin Vs2008 express?

I thonk I knwo wh athe problem is bu wait I will add the VS express project that link to the JointLibray dll liek I di in VSA2010 express
Julio Jerez

Postby FSA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 am

Yes i give you a test wait. I have changed nothing. I just made a svn checkout an d it worked.
I also missing the JointLibary.h. Now I can't use the Joints anymore. I use the old header at the moment for compiling.(VS2010 Proffesional)
Here the demo(debug): https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3tkc03bkxw0y ... cc_bug.zip
FSA

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 am

Neo wrote:I called the dll interface function such as CustomCreateHinge in my project, and I noticed that after svn check, the djoinlibrary.h had been removed.
Thus those functions were gone, result in a lot of complile errors(not link errors), Where are those functions?
(As for link problems, I use vs2008, not 2010, well I'll try it later)

Ok Neo synk to svn, I added proect

..\applications\demosSandbox\projects\visualStudio_2008\demosSandbox_VSExpress.sln

afte you synk, do this
-open Build configuration clean select all
-click clean all
-swicth to teh debugDLL configuration
-build the project and it will build a the sandbux project

that solution copy teh newton.dll to teh destnation fordel, so you cna runnit form visual studion.
thsi fi tshi work see if the seeting in your project are lik there setting in the Sanbox demos.
I hope this clarify all these errors.

I also added the avility fo teh playe to react to incoming objects.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 am

letter123 wrote:I also missing the JointLibary.h. Now I can't use the Joints anymore. I use the old header at the moment for compiling.(VS2010 Proffesional)

this was the C interface, were you using the joints in C or C++, in C++ you just need to inlcud ethe aprorpate header file.

next time I will make the Joint in C a seprate Project, tha will make simple to have DLL import expost for people usin pascal and other languages.
that si hwo Newton is make, teh newton is a thonk layer oev teh dgPhysics class
Julio Jerez

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion