void NewtonBodyGetForce( const NewtonBody* bodyPtr, dFloat* vectorPtr)
Get the net force applied to a rigid body.
- const NewtonBody *bodyPtr - pointer to the body.
- const dFloat *forcePtr - pointer to an array of 3 floats to hold the net force of the body.
- This function is only effective when called from NewtonApplyForceAndTorque callback.
- This function can be used to concatenate different force calculation components making more modular the
- design of function components dedicated to apply special effect. For example a body may have a basic force a force that
- only apply the effect of gravity, but that application can place a region in where there can be a fluid volume, or another gravity field.
- we this function the application can read the correct function and save into a local variable, and set a new one.
- this new function will firs call the save function pointer and upon return apply the correct effect.
- this similar to the concept of virtual methods on objected oriented languages.
- The function *NewtonApplyForceAndTorque callback* is called by the Newton Engine every time an active body is going to be simulated.
- The Newton Engine does not call the *NewtonApplyForceAndTorque callback* function for bodies that are inactive or have reached a sta