void NewtonMaterialSetContactFrictionCoef (const NewtonMaterial* material, dFloat staticFrictionCoef, dFloat kineticFrictionCoef, int index);
Override the default value of the kinetic coefficient of friction for this contact.
- const NewtonMaterial materialHandle - pointer to a material pair.
- dFloat staticFrictionCoef - static friction coefficient. Must be positive.
- dFloat kineticFrictionCoef - Kinetic friction coefficient. Must be positive.
- int index - index to the tangent vector. 0 for primary tangent vector or 1 for the secondary tangent vector.
- This function can only be called from a material callback event handler.
- The coefficient of friction usually should be less than or equal to 1.0; however, because some synthetic materials can have a friction coefficient that is greater than 1.0, Newton allows for the value to be as high as 2.0.
- the value for kinetic friction will be clamped between 0.01f (minimum friction value) and that of the current static friction. If the application wants to set a kinetic friction higher than the current static friction it must increase the static friction first.